I've come here every day since my Ikea post. And for the past 6 days, I started a post and never finished. I just have nothing good to say and I hate lackluster posts. On top of all that, I had all these post ideas planned, even the pictures to go with it but I'm SO damn lazy to upload them and edit them. Plus, I forgot my SD card in my other purse. (I change my purse about 2-3 times a week). I know it's in my Ballet Slipper Maise. I know that it's in the little cellphone pocket. And I also know that it is home in it's designated spot in my Target Cube Organizer. For $40 bucks, it really is the perfect purse organizer. But dammit. I really wanted to share my birthday with you all! I took the most adorable photos of my new Fall items that I got. UGH!
So for today, I'm going to vent about how I am a shopaholic.
1. Last weekend, we went to Ashley Furniture hoping to leave with a loveseat. Not only did we leave with a loveseat, but also an entire bedroom set and new mattress.
2. And of course because we got a new love seat, I've been searching for the most perfect side table, ever. Insert the cutest side table ever, thank you #Marshalls.
3. So now that I have my side table, it's only normal to get a new lamp too? In all fairness to my poor wallet, we did throw away this old side table we had, that had a lamp attached to it. It did us good for 5 years in our place, but it was time to say goodbye to the Grand-mama type side table, and hello to a more modern style (where a lamp isn't ATTACHED). I did find a lamp by the way...in Marshall's during the same trip I got the table.
4. I have my side table, lamp, and 2 new frames (come on, did you think I wouldn't get them?) you know that I need to paint the back room, and bedroom too, right? Oh, well I did that. All. Weekend. Long. In fact, I was so impatient that I went to Lowe's Friday evening picked out paint based solely on the paint card and said YOLO (my life motto lately) and rolled with it (ha ha, no pun intended. Rolled it, as in I rolled the paint onto the walls, haha get it?? I'm so funny.) I really have no time to hmm and haw over samples. I told the paint man my life story about living in the house for 5 years with no updates to my bedroom, the contractor "tan" walls and how they aggravated me, and my new bedroom collection, hence me ordering the paint. He was quite interested and told me that Ashley furniture sucked unless it was the Majesty version or some shit like that. I rolled my eyes at him and told him I got it on a good deal and could give two shits if it was made in China because I've been sleeping on a full size bed with a rolly-poly for the past four years and it was time for an upgrade. And then I left. P.S. I need to lift more weights because the walk from the cashier to my car was rough. Two gallons of paint is no joke. Side note: 1 Gallon for my bedroom and 1 Gallon for the back room. Color: Valspar Aquatic Edge
|This is not my bedroom but gives you an idea of the color.|
6. This will be mine in a few short weeks. The Neverfull MM in Damier Ebene.
Ok, Ok calm your horses. I didn't buy a REAL one. Please. Do you think I would actually spend over $1000 on a coated canvas bag? No. But doesn't stop me from getting a fake one. P.S. I don't care if you think its tacky. But whatever, add it to my bill!
7. Glass pumpkins, Annalee dolls and "The Witch is In" decor.
Really Homegoods? Is it REALLY necessary to taunt me in 5 aisles of Fall and Halloween decor goodness? I wish I had a picture, but I don't.
8. Kindle Paperwhite, KS and Tom Brady. Holy shit, I just wrote Eli Manning and had to go back and delete that. Our 5 year "dating" anniversary is in two days and we got each other a gift. It is important to remember these milestones! Every year, Michael and I also celebrate our "getting engaged" date by going out to dinner in the same restaurant that we went to that night. It's also a plus because it was the day BEFORE Valentine's Day, so it's never busy! Anyway, I'm getting off track here. Michael likes the New England Patriots. I (kind of?) like the Giants. If he knew I mixed Tom Brady up with Eli he would probably shake his head in shame with me! I got him a real official Jersey for the start of the football season (he got me the KS bag, well I got it, and he's giving it to me ha). And my birthday was just last week and he got me a Kindle!! So exciting, but so $$$ right there.
So there you have it. Can I get any more out of control?
From now on, I am not entering Marshall's, Homegoods, TJ Maxx, Target, or anywhere else that I can do damage. This will be me:
I can do this. I'll start with the month of September. Keep your fingers crossed for me.