Now don't think I've quit cold turkey. I just deleted my app on my iphone. I can't continue to leave in on there, it's too tempting to constantly log in and get easily annoyed.
Simply put: I hate facebook.
1. Health posts promoting products
- It Works! Wrap thing
- Nutribullet recipes (i.e. juicing -- don't get me wrong, I'm all for you fitness nuts who love juicing. I don't need to see this on my newsfeed CONSTANTLY)
- P90X shit
- some other insert company join me, become a health coach with me! stuff
- Inspirational fitness quotes. I go to pinterest for these, not my newsfeed
2. Political Rants
- It's unecessary
- Teachers vs. Gov Chris Christie
- anything about the Bridgegate scandal
- obama and his healthcare act
- anything political
3. Shared posts (with the exception of a video I shared the other day "Look Up")
- "Like" this photo, if I get 3,000 likes my mom will let me eat fast food tonight!
- random articles about nostalgic 80's things or "where are they now" articles
- SHARE THIS NOW TO SEE A GIANT SHARK DEVOUR THE CAPTAIN OF THIS SHIP!
- WATCH THIS FOR AN UNBELEIVABLE CAR CRASH
- SEE THIS PERSON FALL DOWN AN ESCALATOR WITH 80 STEPS
- Click "like" if you remember having "X" (skip it, blow a balloon from a small straw with gum shit)
- you get my point
4. Baby pictures being posted every hour, on the hour
- Watch out girls, he's on the loose! (for when that little baby boy starts walking)
- Sally JUST used the potty! (insert photo of shit here)
- Strolling at the park today wearing my shades!
- Mommy and Me starbucks date!
5. Sponsored Ad Posts
- How did facebook know to show me the exact purse I was browsing 3 days ago?
- Progessive auto insurance. I don't need you, I have geico thank you
- Celebrate May in a new Chevrolet! NO.
6. Instagram photos
- I follow you on instagram for a reason. I don't need to see your pictures on both platforms
- stop confusing me! which one do I like? Facebook or instagram! do I like both? does that make me look pathetic?!
7. Posts that show up a week later that is already in my memory as "seen that, done that" just because someone late to the game commented. Please don't reopen this annoying nuisance of notifications every time someone starts to comment, AGAIN, a WEEK LATER!
8. Vague status updates
- Don't go posting "ugh, bad day" and then have everyone + their mothers (because they are on FB now) comment, "whats wrong!!!" and then YOU NOT RESPOND. Come on jerk, we are on FB for one reason, and one reason only, to lurk on everyone's business so you might as well just tell us.
- Not to mention, they are just stupid and you are calling for attention (which we gladly provide in order to figure out what the hell is wrong) just stop.
So basically, 8 (pretty common) things that I hate about facebook, and have decided that I no longer need to waste my iPhone battery on. I rarely see anything good anymore. I haven't removed the app from my ipad, and obviously I can still access from the computer, but damn, it feels good to be a gangsta.
What are some things you HATE (yes I said it) about Facebook?