So. It's been 2 solid weeks of my new daily facial regimen and I am so excited to say that I'm seeing results already. I know it may be a little premature of me to be praising these products only 2 weeks in but I'm just so excited that I have been able to see a difference in my skin - it's not even funny. I take my skin very seriously (well, at least I do now) but I've always had a battle with terrible chin acne. I have these, what I like to call "undergrounders" which are pimples that are just deep in my skin that never fully surface to the skin, they just linger on my face for what seems like FOREVER and are big, but not noticeable unless I pick at them. I also have some weird funky red spots on my face as well, it's hard for me to explain. They are these tiny red dots that look like they can be broken blood vessels? But I'm no expert. I'm really not sure.
After scouring the internet for products and reviews, asking you all, here is what I've come up with that is working:
(P.S. the images should be clickable, I'm really excited that I created this and mapped the links lol)
1. Face Wash. Thanks Val for suggesting Philosophy brand face wash, Purity in the made simple line. This face wash is perfection. I was previously using Aveeno Positively Radiant but I just never felt "Radiant" like Jennifer Aniston told me I would feel. AKA It wasn't working. This wash however, I can use the tiniest bit (I am an over-user on products) and it cleans my face so extremely well. It does give me a tingling sensation, but I happen to like that feeling. It smells, different, but clean I guess you could say. A+ product in my opinion. A little on the pricier side, however I scored an 8oz and a 32oz at the Nordstrom Anniversary sale over the summer. I'm still working through the 8oz bottle!
2. Acne spot treatment. I was skeptical at first on this Neutrogena product, because it didn't work instantly (like why do we expect things to happen with the blink of an eye?). But I kept up using this daily (am and pm) and what do you know I noticed my pimples fading away. This is considered "on the spot" treatment, but I have pimples everyday of my damn life so I use this daily. A little goes a long way.
3. AM Moisturizer. I was previously using Aveeno moisturizer as well, and it was leaving me feeling greasy. I decided it was time to try something new. After reading a few reviews online, I gravitated towards this CeraVe AM moisturizer because of the SPF 30, and it was supposed to help reduce redness. Score. This does just that. I do find that it takes a little longer for it to settle into my skin but it really does feel nice for a morning moisturizer.
4. (Or should this be 3.b??) PM Moisturizer. I was watching youtube video after video on girls that have bad acne scaring and products they suggest. Tea Tree oil was a BIG suggestion. This blemish fade lotion means serious business. Like I said, I've battled some pretty bad acne since I was in my teens and this has helped fade the pimple scarring I've had. I'm really excited to say that somehow this has miraculously helped my red dots on my face too! I have one to the side of my nose, before the apple of my cheeks start. At one point it was seriously red, and very noticeable, even after concealer. Now, I can barely see it after I was my face and have no makeup!! HALLELUJAH. This product again is kind of pricey but I definitely plan to keep up with this. The link to amazon has some sort of recurring ordering and it's a little cheaper, about $15.00. I plan to do that when I run out of this. It seems small, but I feel like I haven't even made a dent in the product yet.
5. Biana suggested the St. Ive's Facial Scrub. I really like it!! You know how some days you feel like your make up just isn't coming off? (By the way I use Neutogena Make up Remover wipes... the best product out there to take it all off!!) Well this is where the scrub comes in. I use it 3 x a week. Also, I've been using these two facial masks on the days I don't use the St. Ives (mainly on the weekends though). 1. Freeman Acai Clay Mask and 2. Freeman Charcoal Black Sugar Face Mask Both of these smell A M A Z I N G.