Remember in middle school we went to D.A.R.E. programs? You know, Drug Abuse Resistance Education? And the words "Just Say No" were instilled in us from the time we were in 5th grade? And then in High School, "Just Say No" was slightly immature for a 15 year old, so they talked about "peer pressure"*. Well today, I'm here to talk about Blogger-pressure, for lack of better words. I really tried to come up with some witty phrase but my mind is kind of in 80 different places right now! So yes, here are a list of things that BLOGGER MADE ME DO. SO THANKS. And you're welcome. Enjoy.
1. Let's go back to that time when all-white-everything was really cool to have? Yeah, I mean I basically remodeled my entire "cat room" turned into office/vanity room after I saw it being the rage all over blog land. If someone asked me if I wanted white furniture prior to 2012, I would have looked at you with disgust and said "What am I, 7 years old again? Hell no." Welp, blogger made me do it.
2. Give me all the crispy perfect pictures I could ever take in my life. That's right, My Nikon D3200. Before blogger, I was super fine with my canon point and shoot digital camera. But somehow, after reading all these fantastically photographed posts, I thought to myself, I need this camera too!!! Ok, this is slightly a lie. I've wanted a DSLR ever since my brother and sister in law had one and were taking these amazing photos of my niece (who is turning SEVEN next month!!) when she was a baby/toddler. An example of my great photog skills: St Lucia Recap.
3. A Kate Spade Fanatic. Between all the fashion posts, the Nordstrom Anniversary sales, the Kate Spade Surprise sales... and all you people SHARING these items with me in your posts, how could you expect me not to become a lover? Before blogger, I thought KS was hella expensive. Now, dropping $150 on a purse doesn't even make me blink an eye, because you know it's totally normal in blogland. OyVey! Just because it's the norm in blogger, doesn't mean it's normal for you! Must resist future purchases.
4. A chameleon. I mean, just alone in the past 2 years, my hair has changed about 7 times. I'm not even joking. From regular highlights, to short hair, to red highlights, to long and layered, back to brown and most recently OMBRE'D. Yup, thanks blogger. My hair now has more dead ends than a rat in a maze. What happened to the time I was happy with my mouse-brown hair and didn't know how to style it? Sometimes I miss those days. #NOT.
|this is my first ombre. i have changed it to darker for the fall, i just haven't taken a good pic!|
5. Shopaholic. Really, just look at my past 570 posts from August and September.
6. A Fur vest wearer. What??? WHAT?!?!? A FUR VEST? I have hated the "fake fur" look my entire single life. But some how, pinterest "fall looks"and this cute "how to style a fur vest" blog post have turned me into a fur vest lover... don't worry Fashion Blogger #wannabe update coming soon with mine.
7. An over user of GIFS. I really love gifs. Who doesn't in blogger anyway.
8. A real comic. Just check out this post on my future tattoo.
9. A pumpkin.....lover. I'm currently working on this pinterest craft. P.S. don't you dare for a minute think I was going to say pumpkin spice latte lover. NEVER. NEVER!! So, I could really generalize this statement and say "Crafter".. yes Pinterest could partially take the blame, but I'm putting it on blogger and "Saw It, Pinned It, Did It" Thursdays. Can this PLEASE come back?!! That was the best link up ever.
11. A computer nerd. That's right, if it weren't for blogger, I wouldn't know html coding, and what hex colors, and pixel sizes and all that crap meant. Who wants an ugly blog? Certainly not me. P.S. I'm not a full blown geek, I had help with my layout from Elle, Ink. ;)
12. I bought this tooth paste and mouthwash just last night at target. Thank you to "But First, Coffee" blog, she shared the best way to maintain your pearly white smile when you have coffee on the daily!! Yes, she was 100% right than Rembrandt toothpaste is pricey, and half filled with air! Those jerks! Again, blogger made me do it.
|Picture from Kallie's blog, But First Coffee|
13. A black legging, boot wearing, scarf lover. I have managed to collect about 15-20 different scarves since I joined blogger. I also have 4 different tall boots. A black high heeled one, a black riding, a dark brown riding and a cognac. Really? I still haven't jumped on the "Chambray" trend but I feel like it's kinda so 2012, isn't it? Or is chambray still cool? I feel like it's all about stripes and plaid this fall. Don't worry, I've got that covered.
So there are 13 different things that blogger made me do. I swear. I have self control, but that blog-pressure is serious business! What are some things that "Blogger made you do" ??
*This is in no way meant to be a funny joke/comparison towards drug abuse to my shopping addiction. I absolutely know drug abuse/addiction is a real thing but this is my personal blog so please do not take this the wrong way. Thank you.