Thank you's to Amanda & Lindsey for the Liebster nominations.... you get round two of getting to know me. I really can't thank you all enough for giving me content to blog about. My mind is racing in 857 different places this week. Eye surgery, interviews, cars, family, friends, food, football, you name it, it's in my brain. OH, and Peanut has an eye infection, poor thing, walking around like Rocky Balboa.. send well wishes her way. I feel bad for her, she hates (and when I say hates, I seriously mean loathes) being touched in the face. Linus, I can poke him, kiss him, pick his nose (sometimes he gets booger crust, okay!?!), or eye crust and he couldn't have a care in the world. But touch Peanut anywhere above her neck and below her forehead, and you get one angry cat. I would say she looks like this:
|Ok. This just took me legit 20 minutes to find a gif of something that's really not even similar to what she does. Basically she freaks out, okay? What is everyone's secret for gif searching?!?!|
So now that I've gotten my obligatory picture of one of my cats in here, let's move on to the questions that Amanda asked.
1. What's your favorite color? (I always like to know this about people): Turquoise. I just think it's so pretty!
2. What's your favorite blog post you've written so far? I really wish I could answer this, but I haven't blogged enough on this blog to say I have a favorite. My content has been lacking lately; on my old blog, I could easily say "Rules for Driving in NJ" or "Gym-etiquette". Sorry I don't have links to them, I deleted them! Why wouldn't I have saved them?
3. Are you a cat person or a dog person? Do you really have to ask me this one? See About me.
4. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Hopefully in a New Job, in a new house, and MAYBE having a child. MAYBE. A big maybe at that, too. I'm not really a kid person, but maybe after carrying for 9 months, I'll turn into one.
5. What food allergy would you not be able to handle? Totally cheese/dairy. I freaking love cheese like you wouldn't believe.. but not sophisticated cheese, I'm talking shredded mexican blend from Shop-Rite that I put on wraps, tacos, chips, pretzels. Whatever.
6. If you could make out with any famous person who would it be? Probably Shia LeBeouf
|I liked him as the pesky brother in Even Stevens, LOVED him in Holes, and Disturbia and Eagle Eye?? YES. Shame on me that I've never seen Transformers. bahaha.|
8. If you had to get rid of all of your technology except one item, what would you keep? (i.e. cellphone, computer, e-reader, etc.) Who wouldn't say "keep their cell phone"? I'd say, I'd keep my iPad because I could still make calls, emails, watch movies, listen to music. The phone screen would be too small. I would love to say my nook, because that is absolutely by far my best techy item. But of course I'd want to keep in touch with people!
9. What is your go-to clothing item in your closet? This all depends on what season. Fall: a Long cardigan (that covers my butt) and Boots. Winter: a color coordinated scarf (with my outfit) and Boots. Spring: Sundress Summer: Ray Bans and Jean shorts
10. Why did you start blogging? I'll be honest here. I have a very few close friends. 2 of which know about the blog, 1 doesn't. Sometimes I just want some more people to chat with! Blogging has been a nice community to me so far, but then again, I also haven't released my inner-monster that over takes my body sometimes. It could be a scary show.
11. Describe your dream date: A dream date, with my husband? Us going to a dinner where money was no object in a restaurant we feel comfortable in (not a hoity toity place), and then going cruising along the coast where my hair is blowing beautifully in the wind and we can hear each other talking and then watching the sunset go down without being bitten by mosquitos and horseflys. Reality: Applebees, a Jetta with the AC on (are you kidding -- windows open and sunroof? i don't think so, knots galore in my hair.. no thank you), and a redbox rental. Hey, I'm not complaining.
Speaking of REDBOX. Did you know that you could get redbox movies free? I use codes often, sometimes I get denied and other times they work! Try one of these codes next time you go rent a movie, I hope they work for you. Let me know which ones don't.
REDBOX (new customers only)
DVDONME (I try this one first all the time, and I always think I'm going to get it, but once I swipe my card and zip code....DENIED!)
DVDATWAG (good only at Walgreen's locations)
WALGREENS (good only at Walgreen's locations)
DVDATWEG (good only at Wegman's locations)
DRIVEIN (good only at Sonic locations)
Now, onto Lindsey's questions!!
1. Who is your best friend? How did you meet? I have two. Colleen. I've known her since we were babies, and lived right next to each other. Rachel: ha, Rachel....we did NOT like each other in middle school. We always recall her mother picking up her sister from my house, who was "dating" my brother. Our moms chatted on the front porch and this was going on between me and Rachel:
And somehow, after all those snarky, side eyed looks, we managed to become best friends that year.
3. Have you been to Vegas? Twice. You can see recaps of my vaca's on Jennifer's blog here and here. Trust me, the pics make the post. BAHAHA.
4. Who are you closer to, your mom or dad? Mom. Definitely. My dad and I are very similar freaks of nature. So naturally, we clash a lot.
5. What's your favorite song right now? Ever since I got my Samsung galaxy, I haven't been listening to the music as much. I've been listening to old CDs in my car. That is one thing I miss about the iPhone. iTunes music list right on the phone. Oh well. But if I were to choose, my summer jam still is, hands down Alive by Krewella or Glowing by Nikki Williams.
6. Who do you look up to? As in a role model? I no longer have an answer to this question.
7. Who was your first crush? 4th grade, Kevin Holden. I wonder what happened to that guy. Someone told me in the 5th grade he moved to Alaska when he didn't show up in on the first day of Middle School.
8. Pencils or pens? I really enjoy a good old fashioned Dixon Ticonderoga no. 2 pencil. See? Currently on my desk.
9. Blue or black ink? Black.
10. What's your favorite place to get coffee and what is your "regular"? My favorite place to get coffee is from my kitchen Mr. Coffee maker. Dunkin Donuts regular coffee, with International Delight Hazelnut creamer, and 2 splendas.
11. Why and how did you get started blogging? See previous answer above :)
Ok - so, what kinds of blog posts are your favorite? Let me know, and you'll be helping me out by giving me some ideas and, well.. yourself too because you'll enjoy spending a few minutes reading!